Tag Archives: health
Posted in #fitspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, being fit, benefits of exerxise, dangerous diets, exercise, fitspiration, fitting in exercise, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, Uncategorized
Tags: beingfat, Eating Disorders, Fitness, health, Health and Wellness, healthy, inadequate, life, mental health, mental health disorders, mindbodysoul, negative thoughts, nutrition, Nutrition and Weight Loss Specialist, personal trainer, unhealthy
Day 31 – Reflect
Today is the final day of this 31-Day Health and Wellness Challenge and your goal today is to Reflect. Reflect on the last 31 days, the last year, the last decade. Think about what is working for you and what isn’t. Deep reflections can really empower us to gain self-awareness and to improve and become better humans. And who doesn’t want to be a better human? If there is something in your life that isn’t working for you – change it. If things are going great, keep it up. Reflect on your relationships and your accomplishments. At the end of the day, be proud of who you are. And smile.
Be the good.
Day 30 – Let’s Talk.
Today is “Bell’s Let’s Talk Day” . Every second, every minute, and every day, someone is impacted by mental illness. Join the conversation and end the stigma. (Bell’s link is below.)
Bell is donating 5 cents for each text message, mobile and long-distance call and social media mention made by Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Bell MTS customers before midnight on January 31st. The company will also donate 5 cents for each tweet using the hashtag #BellLetsTalk, each view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Snapchat and each use of the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or Snapchat filter.
End the stigma.
Day 29 – Laugh and Inspire
Did you know that Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Inspiration starts with you. Lead by example. Cultivate and express the inspiration within yourself first, and it becomes infectious. Just like laughter.
Today, don’t be afraid to laugh. Out loud! In addition, do something good and inspire others to follow suit. Whether it’s signing up for a course or paying someone a compliment – both are big gestures and neither is more important than the other. Smile when you’re working down the street, laugh at yourself when you trip, throw some change in the charity bucket.
Day 27 – Combine My Workouts
Today you’re challenge is to combine all the little exercises I’ve given you over the last 27 days:
1. Plank (30 – 60 seconds) x 3
2. Get some steps. It’s a gorgeous day so get out for a walk/run/hike
3. Do the Body Weight Workout from Day 14 (do it twice)
4. Do 50 Push-ups (x1 or x2)
5. Squat. Find the perfect song and squat til you drop. (Well, not really drop.)
You can always find a workout somewhere. #everydayistrainingday
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, accomplish, being fit, benefits of exerxise, exercise, fitspiration, fitting in exercise, Health and Wellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Day 26 – Shop Local
It’s Saturday. Get out to a Farmers’ Market or shop at locally owned stores in your community; try craft breweries in your town. Keep your money in your local economy.
So get out there today: Pick up some fresh fruit or pastries or local meats; shop at a store in your town and support your friends and neighbors. Have an adventure in your backyard.
Day 25 – Listen to a Podcast (or betterment program).
Podcasts seem to be all the rage these days. They’re easy listening, easy to find, and the topics are seemingly endless. So for the days when you don’t feel like reading, toss the book aside and search out a podcast that will be good for your mental health and your soul.
Check out “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations” or “Happier With Gretchen Rubin” for a little inspo and enlightenment.
If you’re still not quite convinced, here are 5 reasons to listen to a podcast today:
- Get inspired! What inspires you? Are you intrigued and interested in new ideas and expanding your horizons? What are you passionate about? Chances are you will find a podcast that will truly inspire you. Check out TED radio hour http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510298/ted-radio-hour Hosted by Guy Raz, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, the meaning of work, or inexplicable connections. Guy takes TED talks on the subject of the episode and shares conversations, interviews and explanations that bring the ideas to life. Other recommendations: TED Talks http://blog.ted.com/audio_podcasts/ NPR Fresh Air http://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air
- Stay educated and informed Learn new things in your areas of interest or hobbies. Check out a business or marketing podcast. Learn a new language. The possibilities are almost endless. The Daily – from New York Times https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?mt=2 Social Media Marketing Podcast & Social Media Marketing Talk Show: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/podcasts/ Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: http://www.amyporterfield.com/category/podcast/
- Personal and Professional Growth Do you want to work on your own personal development? How about learning more about your career or profession or listening to experts in your field? Check out: Super Agents Livehttp://www.superagentslive.com/ Interviews with real estate agents and industry experts 20 Best Real Estate Podcasts https://placester.com/real-estate-marketing-academy/20-best-real-estate-podcasts-2015/ 20 Excellent Podcasts for Any Marketer http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/20-excellent-podcasts-for-any-marketer/ Self-Improvement Podcasts https://player.fm/featured/self-improvementAchieve Your Goals with Hal Elrod: Success | Productivity | Personal Development | Lifestyle | Business https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/achieve-your-goals-hal-elrod/id820889267?mt=2 The Productivity Show | Getting Things Done (GTD) | Time Management | Evernote https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/productivity-show-getting/id955075042?mt=2
- To Escape! Discover great podcasts for the pure entertainment value and as a way to focus on something different than what you deal with daily. Many news and politics TV, radio shows, comedians, and celebrities have podcasts. 15 Podcasts That Will Leave You Pondering Life’s Big Questionshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/08/top-mindful-podcasts_n_6423426.html Are you into great story-telling? Check out these popular series: This American Life – gives listeners touching, humorous and often unexpected vignettes of life in America. Serial – for true crime fans Need more comedy or celebrities in your life, try: The Nerdist – hosts talk about all things nerdy, including comics, video games and TV shows http://nerdist.com/podcasts/nerdist-podcast-channel/ WTF with Marc Maron – features interviews with comedians, as well as others in the entertainment and radio communities. http://www.wtfpod.com/
- Optimize Your Time Listen to podcasts while walking, driving, commuting, or working out. I find that I really enjoy my commute from Las Vegas to Southern California when I listen to my favorite podcasts. I get inspired, educated or entertained which makes a 4 to 5-hour drive literally fly by!
Tags: body, health, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, healthy living, Inspiration, mental health, mindbodysoul, mindless eating, Oprah, OWN, podcasts, soul, spiritual health
Tags: cheer, happiness, health, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, healthy living, helpershigh, kindness, mental health, mindbodysoul, spiritual health, spreadcheer