Day 30 – Let’s Talk.
Today is “Bell’s Let’s Talk Day” . Every second, every minute, and every day, someone is impacted by mental illness. Join the conversation and end the stigma. (Bell’s link is below.)
Bell is donating 5 cents for each text message, mobile and long-distance call and social media mention made by Bell Canada, Bell Aliant and Bell MTS customers before midnight on January 31st. The company will also donate 5 cents for each tweet using the hashtag #BellLetsTalk, each view of the Bell Let’s Talk Day video on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Snapchat and each use of the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or Snapchat filter.
End the stigma.
Posted in #inspiration, #motivation, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, Uncategorized
Tags: Bellletstalk, body, endthestigma, health, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, mental health, mental health disorders, mind, mindbodysoul, spirit
Leave a comment
Day 29 – Laugh and Inspire
This is one of my favorite photos because it’s so honest….we were caught up in the moment and having a great laugh. I look like a dork but it is also utterly lovely.
Did you know that Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals. Endorphins promote an overall sense of well-being and can even temporarily relieve pain.
Inspiration starts with you. Lead by example. Cultivate and express the inspiration within yourself first, and it becomes infectious. Just like laughter.
Today, don’t be afraid to laugh. Out loud! In addition, do something good and inspire others to follow suit. Whether it’s signing up for a course or paying someone a compliment – both are big gestures and neither is more important than the other. Smile when you’re working down the street, laugh at yourself when you trip, throw some change in the charity bucket.
Posted in #inspiration, #motivation, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, cultivate, health, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy living, hormones, Inspiration, inspire, laugh, live, mental health, mind, mindbodysoul, spirit
Leave a comment
Day 28 – Be Kind to Earth
Walk or bike or carpool today. Eliminate waste. Recycle, reuse, and all that jazz.
Every little act, each individual show of kindness to Earth, will make a difference to our future.
Posted in Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, Uncategorized
Tags: body, earth, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, make better choices, mental health, mind, mindbodysoul, spirit, spiritual health
Leave a comment
Day 26 – Shop Local
It’s Saturday. Get out to a Farmers’ Market or shop at locally owned stores in your community; try craft breweries in your town. Keep your money in your local economy.
So get out there today: Pick up some fresh fruit or pastries or local meats; shop at a store in your town and support your friends and neighbors. Have an adventure in your backyard.
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy eating, healthy living, Uncategorized
Tags: backyard, body, health, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, localeconomy, mental health, mind, mindbodysoul, shop local, shoplocal, soul, spirit
Day 25 – Listen to a Podcast (or betterment program).
Podcasts seem to be all the rage these days. They’re easy listening, easy to find, and the topics are seemingly endless. So for the days when you don’t feel like reading, toss the book aside and search out a podcast that will be good for your mental health and your soul.
Check out “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations” or “Happier With Gretchen Rubin” for a little inspo and enlightenment.
If you’re still not quite convinced, here are 5 reasons to listen to a podcast today:
- Get inspired! What inspires you? Are you intrigued and interested in new ideas and expanding your horizons? What are you passionate about? Chances are you will find a podcast that will truly inspire you. Check out TED radio hour http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510298/ted-radio-hour Hosted by Guy Raz, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, the meaning of work, or inexplicable connections. Guy takes TED talks on the subject of the episode and shares conversations, interviews and explanations that bring the ideas to life. Other recommendations: TED Talks http://blog.ted.com/audio_podcasts/ NPR Fresh Air http://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444908/fresh-air
- Stay educated and informed Learn new things in your areas of interest or hobbies. Check out a business or marketing podcast. Learn a new language. The possibilities are almost endless. The Daily – from New York Times https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-daily/id1200361736?mt=2 Social Media Marketing Podcast & Social Media Marketing Talk Show: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/podcasts/ Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield: http://www.amyporterfield.com/category/podcast/
- Personal and Professional Growth Do you want to work on your own personal development? How about learning more about your career or profession or listening to experts in your field? Check out: Super Agents Livehttp://www.superagentslive.com/ Interviews with real estate agents and industry experts 20 Best Real Estate Podcasts https://placester.com/real-estate-marketing-academy/20-best-real-estate-podcasts-2015/ 20 Excellent Podcasts for Any Marketer http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/20-excellent-podcasts-for-any-marketer/ Self-Improvement Podcasts https://player.fm/featured/self-improvementAchieve Your Goals with Hal Elrod: Success | Productivity | Personal Development | Lifestyle | Business https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/achieve-your-goals-hal-elrod/id820889267?mt=2 The Productivity Show | Getting Things Done (GTD) | Time Management | Evernote https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/productivity-show-getting/id955075042?mt=2
- To Escape! Discover great podcasts for the pure entertainment value and as a way to focus on something different than what you deal with daily. Many news and politics TV, radio shows, comedians, and celebrities have podcasts. 15 Podcasts That Will Leave You Pondering Life’s Big Questionshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/08/top-mindful-podcasts_n_6423426.html Are you into great story-telling? Check out these popular series: This American Life – gives listeners touching, humorous and often unexpected vignettes of life in America. Serial – for true crime fans Need more comedy or celebrities in your life, try: The Nerdist – hosts talk about all things nerdy, including comics, video games and TV shows http://nerdist.com/podcasts/nerdist-podcast-channel/ WTF with Marc Maron – features interviews with comedians, as well as others in the entertainment and radio communities. http://www.wtfpod.com/
- Optimize Your Time Listen to podcasts while walking, driving, commuting, or working out. I find that I really enjoy my commute from Las Vegas to Southern California when I listen to my favorite podcasts. I get inspired, educated or entertained which makes a 4 to 5-hour drive literally fly by!
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, health, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, healthy living, Inspiration, mental health, mindbodysoul, mindless eating, Oprah, OWN, podcasts, soul, spiritual health
Leave a comment
Day 15 – Find (aka Make) time to Meditate, Pray, Reflect, etc.
Whatever suits your religion/belief/lifestyle, give it a try. Some health benefits of prayer and meditation are:
- Lower blood pressure
- Sense of Inner Peace
- Increased longevity
- Reduced symptoms of depression
- Alleviation of anxiety, stress, and pain
- Help with insomnia and physical symptoms associated with chronic illnesses
The time you take to pray or meditate can be your time or time you share with family. Personally, my prayer time is strictly my time. It’s personal time I have with God each and every day. And it has been my “practice” to pray every day since I was a small child. But, even throughout my busy teenage years, I maintained my prayer time. And I can’t imagine not having that time each night. It’s the time I take to reflect on the day and to be thankful for all of the people and things and abilities I have been blessed with. And most of the time I go to sleep with a clear head and heart.
Your time does not have to be prayer if that is not your believe. But you, too, can take the time to reflect on your life or your day. To be thankful for what you have or to look forward to what’s to come. What’s great about meditation and prayer is that it’s your time and you can make of it what you want.
If it isn’t something you normally practice, try it for a week. See if you get clarity and joy and inner peace or strength. At least take the time to reflect.
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, being fit, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, encouragement, God, health, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy living, inner peace, life, lifestyle, meditation, mental health, mind, mindbodysoul, prayer, religion, spirit, spiritual health, strength
Day 9 – Go Meatless
Going meatless, even just once to a few times a week, can have a tremendous impact on your health. You don’t have to cut all animal products out of your life cold-turkey, but decreasing the amount of meat and increasing the amount of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and whole-grains that you eat can do wonders for your health and the health of the environment.
Don’t get me wrong (or hate me), I am a full-on meat eater. But eliminating meat from meals every once in a while can be great. It can be time-saving, money-saving, and health-beneficial. You don’t have to sacrifice deliciousness because you’re eliminating meat. Have you ever tried a whole roasted herbed cauliflower or a vegetable burger? Mmmmm.
Go ahead and expand your horizons by making full meals solely out of plants. You’ll be surprised with the plethora of ideas and recipes you can find or come up with.
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, accomplish, balanced diets, elimination diets, fitspiration, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy eating, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, food, health, Health and Wellness, health food, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, Healthy Choices, healthy eating, healthy living, healthy recipes, life, lifestyle, meatless, meatless Mondays, mind, soul, vegan, vegetables, veggieburgers, veggiedinners
Leave a comment
Day 7 – 5 Down
Several years ago, my friend came up with this wonderful idea of daily purging. She and her family committed to removing 5 items from their home a day for one year. Some items were donated, some were trashed. She created a blog (https://www.5down.org/) and chronicled their daily purging. I think her idea is spectacular. I am such a pack rat and I like to hang on to everything in those cases of “what if?” – but, do I really need the book reports I wrote in high school? Probably not. So I am going to follow suit of my friend and commit to 5-downing it (hopefully, daily). In fact, I purged yesterday and it felt great.
Go ahead and try it.
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, accomplish, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, clarity, decluttering, health, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, healthy living, Inspiration, life, lifestyle, mental health, mentalhealth, mind, purge, soul, spiritual health
Leave a comment
I know all too well how easy it is to beat myself up for things I dislike about myself. We are our own worst critics, picking apart any and everything about our bodies, our looks, our abilities. So take this time to focus on what you love about yourself! Take a long hard look at yourself (literally and figuratively) and embrace it. Love it. Flaunt it! When you are confident in yourself, others will follow suit and be drawn to you like moths to a flame. Push that negativity aside and show yourself the love.
(Here’s a photo of me post-boot camp – sweat, freckles, and all. I could sit here and go on about my big nose and my barely there eyebrows (which have been partly sweated off – Haha!), but instead I’m sharing with you and embracing it.)
Go ahead and give yourself a hug!
Posted in #fitspiration, #inspiration, #motivation, #Ownit, accomplish, bootcamp, exercise, fitspiration, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthy living, inspiration, Uncategorized
Tags: body, embrace your body, health, Health and Wellness, healthandwellness, healthandwellnesschallenge, healthy, healthy living, Inspiration, life, lifestyle, Love your body, love yourself, loving yourself, mind, motivation, Self acceptance, self esteem, Self love, self worth, soul
Leave a comment